Tuesday 14 August 2012

You have your mother's eyes

People lately say to me:
You look like your dad but you have your mother's eyes.
I look at you; yes, I can see that.
You do have my eyes and look like your dad.

Deep inside them I can reach your soul,
the sweetness of the fruit of love.
They hide secrets one day to be told.
Guardians of our story.
Mirrors of purity that we once were all.

My dear boy, my perfect love.

You are so small, unaware of the horrors of this world.

I am your mum and you know that,
you feel so warm, you feel so wrapped.

I want to fight,  I want to dream
about a lovely place for you and us to be.
I hold your hand, I hug you tight
because I know these times will soon go by.

You are my everything, the best of me.

And a time will come when you find yourself alone,
perhaps lost in this confusing world.
And the time will come when
we cannot be together as I long be gone.

Just remember: You have your mother's eyes.

When you feel so sad that you just want to cry.
When you tried your best and that is just not enough.
When the lights have turned dark,
and the beauty around cannot be found.

Close your eyes, look inside. With you I am.
In you I can always be found.


No comments:

Post a Comment